Monday, May 18, 2015

Rough sketches and What could have been... (Part 2)

For Part 2 of Rough sketches and What could have been... I want to show one of my old Vampire covers for White Wolf Publishing back in 2008. I believe this was called Immortals and a separate story all together from the World of Darkness Vampire stories and games but to be honest I really don't know.
Above are some of the rough thumbnails that I made for this one. The story I created for this was that a slave girl back in ancient Egypt was madly in love with her master. Along the way she later discovered that she was immortal so years later on the anniversary of 'something' she would return to his tomb and snuggle next to him and reminisce. Think Edgar Allan Poe's poem Annabel Lee only the sexes are reversed with some immortality thrown in. I almost went with the one where the girl was curled up like a little child but that was too submissive. This woman is 2000 years old so she should have the look of someone who's seen and done some things in her long lifetime so I went with this...
I like this comp. The perspective is off which I would have hoped to fix had I taken it to final but it still has a nice look to it. The only problem is it wasn't telling a story as good I wanted so I went back to the original concept.
This is the final. Hopefully the pose and expression is more mysterious so you're more guessing as to whats going on and the modern clothing like her jeans tell the story of her immortality some. I can't really explain the damn panther in the corner. Must be a Fazetta thing I was into back then. Meh, why the hell not.

No comments: