Sunday, July 5, 2009

The Road


Nope, I still haven't any art worth posting. I doubt anyone could give rats ass to begin with so I guess this blog is going to morph into more than just a place where I show my "art". I started this blog as away for me to use it as free website to showcase my artwork. I have since gotten another free website to do that for me and I've also come to learn that Art Directors pretty much never look at blogs. So why do I still have this? I don't know. I hated Myspace and I'm sure as hell not going to climb on to the Facebook or Twitter bandwagon but for some reason I'm hanging on to this thing.

Anyway, I saw the trailer for The Road on Thursday and instantly wanted to read the book before the movie comes out. Because of the holiday weekend I wouldn't be getting it from the Library till Monday/tomorrow. I couldn't wait that long so went to Borders and consumed most of it July 4th and finished the rest it earlier today. I gotta say its a pretty good story. I never got to read No Country for Old Men before I saw the flick and I'm glad I got to with this one. I have a feeling the movie isn't going to be as good as No Country after re-watching the trailer again but then again who knows. The Road was refreshing in comparison to the weird Chuck Palahniuk faze I was going through this last month. Invisible Monsters and Rant were terrible! Choke was OK.

By the way I'm working on a new card set with Sony. I don't wanna whammy it by mentioning it by its name but it rhymes with the words Car Whores and it takes place in a galaxy far, far away. I hope I don't screw it up.

Whammy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree I liked all of his other books so much that I bought them all but, I didn't even make it all the way through Rant and Invisible Monsters was disappointing.

I still wanna see ur work dammit.